Thursday, January 12, 2012

Castenell - Introduction to Me

     
My full name is Amadee Joseph Castenell the third. My father is a phenomenal musician who is known quite well by many jazz greats and older locals in the New Orleans area. I am hoping to follow in his footsteps considering I have been blessed with some musical talent from him. Currently, I am majoring in Music Therapy to combine the efforts of my talent with the betterment of life for others. I very much enjoy playing my instruments; which include the clarinet (primary), flute, oboe, saxophone and piano. I am also a hardcore video-gamer, both console and computer.
As far as my life goes, I was born and raised in New Orleans up until the age of ten.  At that time, my mother passed away in her battle for cancer. From that point on I moved up to Massachusetts to live with my father. While trying to cope with the loss of the most loving and caring person I have ever known, my mother, I was also faced with hurricane Katrina ravaging the city where all my childhood friends were. After frantically searching for the some sign from my childhood friends, I received notice from the news about the deceased and unfortunately, all of my friends from my younger years were on the list of the dead. The change was incredibly difficult in all manners.  After struggling to fit in, I finally persevered and established my spot within the school system and town I lived in. It was a pleasure to come back to New Orleans for college seeing as I remember great memories from my childhood and seeing the city gives proof to all those past experiences.  
Although I have endured much depression and hardships throughout my life thus far, I have been able to sway from the negative and lean solely towards the positives. I was able to meet life-long friends in the town I moved to in Massachusetts and form bonds with teachers, friends, and the overall communities I encountered. I hope to make in positive impact on the individuals I encounter in my years of life to come.  Through music and a loving community, I have been able to become the person I am today and enjoy the days ahead of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment